Designer of the Week: Alessandro Pautasso

As you guys know, I've been sent a tester photo to edit for a photography in hopes of getting a job as his graphic designer side kick (that aint the job title, I'll just refer to myself as that as it sounds pretty cool). Anyways, he has given me total free reign of the photo (which I may eventually get on here with my final designs, need to ask his permission first) so I have been racking my brains for inspiration. Here's where my designer of the week comes in.


Came across the Italian designers work whilst trailing through Google images and Flickr and was extremely impressed. I love the use of bright colours and feminine imagery, all processed using Adobe Illustrator. Despite all the images looking different from one another, with some faces created via illustration and some via photography, a strong, corporate colour scheme is used throughout which allows each piece to be identified as part of Alessandro's series.




The pieces towards the end are what I hope to use to inspire my photo edit. I've been playing around with many different design ideas, none of which have been successful...yet. Hopefully this technique will work with the rather simplistic side profile I've been given! Another idea I'm currently running with is mirror effects, much like the alternative artwork for the Kings Of Leon 'Because of the Times' album so I'll keep you all updated on that in due course. In the meantime, check out Alessandro, his work is fantastic and has really given me a much need inspiration boost!


1 comment:

  1. Brilliant stuff. The artwork is like mika meets hendrix meets supermassive black hole. They're the main sort of views you can expect from a musician but its all psychedelic loveliness, I'm sure it will inspire you. (In case I didn't mention enough music artists; I checked out some of his other work and it made me think of David Bowie albums!) Top stuff! xMMx

    ReplyDelete