It's almost that time again...

...Crit day tomorrow! And wow, have I had a mad Monday once again leading up to it. Amazingly I am still awake after only having two hours sleep last night (the downside to being an insomniac designer), I have sorted the basic framework out for my group's marketing report and everything is printed and ready to be stuck into my sketchbook for tomorrow. Argh, tomorrow. Here's a sneak preview of what I intend to present...

Yep, that is how my pasta brand, 'Impression', is looking atm. Unsure whether uni want Illustrator images or actual mock ups but that's something I'll ask tomorrow. I ended up doin ALOT of development pages to get to this point, I wasn't sure on any aspect of the design and I'm still not 100% happy and I can't figure out what's bugging me. What do you guys think? Anything you'd change? Favourite aspects? Like the logo? Windows too large/small? Really appreciate any feedback I get back!

Another I'm trying to work on is a tagline. You might not be able to see it from those images but on the back, I've placed a little tagline beneath the logo saying 'make a good one' (playing on the whole, make a good impression). I don't like it. I think 'good' is a bit of a mundane word, not like 'wow' or 'amazing'. But I want to keep it short and sweet and linking in with the brand name. Any suggests before I take it to the crit session?

What kind of impression (pardon the pun!) do you get from this sort of product? I intend to market it as a rather cheap brand due to the cheap production etc so would you buy it? Would you be embaressed if someone saw this on your side/in your cupboard?

So many questions for you lot to try answering there! I'll update tomorrow with how the crit goes (fingers crossed for me, I worked my bum off without trying to get too attatched to the design and if all fails, I have a week to re-invent!)

No comments:

Post a Comment