Advert of the Week: Galaxy Ripple

Seeing as Wednesday is my Designer of the Week day, my Thursdays shall focus on my favourite advert of the week, be it a campaign, poster or video. I'd love to venture into the world of advertisement design so on here, every Thursday, you'll all be treated to a little insight of my favourites and opinions (and of course, my least favourite ads every now and again!).

This week, as a highly addicted chocoholic, is an advert I have been searching for ages for on the old tinternet as I've only every seen it in magazines...



Mmm, now I've stopped salivating, I'll carry on! I love this piece due to the use of the texture of the chocolate, of which it is known for, is used as the main focus. The zoomed in view of the rippled chocolate reinforces the brand name, with the name itself only being printed in the bottom corner and allowing people to recognise the ripples instead. Created by computers, the ripples still look very realistic and the curves of them lead the eye to the bottom of the page cleverly to where the name is (maybe would have looked good directly pointing towards the chocolate bar?). They come across in an almost smoke or speech bubble shape (with potentially the aforementioned coming across negatively if it wasn't depicted in chocolate). The shades of cream and brown are extremely relaxing on the eye and deliver an air of peace, something which you're meant to feel when you're relaxing with the chocolate bar itself. The only negative aspect of this design in my opinion is the tagline 'Let the day unfold' at the bottom. Although it links in well with the ripple slowly relaxing towards the bottom of the page, I'm just not really keen on it. An actual bar of chocolate is also featured on the ad, something which I don't believe is 100% necessary as the ripples are already enough notification to the audience as to what chocolate bar it is advertising (or maybe it's just clear to me because of how much I eat the stuff). Perhaps the logo itself would have been enough along with a tagline.

All in all, I love this piece by Galaxy and it has only one bad thing about it...the fact that it has made me really want a Ripple and I haven't got any in the cupboards!

No comments:

Post a Comment